Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Sisterhood Award

If there is one thing I can say about blogging, it is that you meet some incredible people out there. They are incredibly supportive and they are always willing to reach out and give you that extra push, especially on those days when you really don't feel like pushing. That is the way I felt the other day when I saw that I had been nominated for The Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award.

What does that mean?


That means someone noticed me! Yeah! That means I am doing something right because someone out there thought of me when they decided that they need to pass on that award. Now there are millions and millions of bloggers out there so when someone mentions you, that is a big deal!

And now it is my time to say thank you. This person who mentioned me is one of my favorite bloggers, Janine, over at Janine's Confessions of a Mommyaholic.

Janine and I have never met personally and we have only known each other digitally for a couple months (since I started actively blogging), but she seems like someone I have known for ever. We have so much in common - we are both 30 something stay at home mothers who have kids and husbands who spark very interesting blog posts! She has been a big part of my support system not only in the blogosphere, but also during NaNoWriMo, as well. In fact, from the sounds of it, our books sound very similar. But I guess we will have to see. She is a crazy great writer and an awesome person to have on your side. So go check her out and show her some love.

Now for the rules:


If you get this award, not only do you have to say thank you to the person that nominated you, but you also have to nominate another wonderful woman blogger to pass it on to. Then they will be able to also pay it forward and proudly post the button on their blog as well. As if that isn't difficult enough (the choosing just one wonderful blogger!) you also need to give out 7 random creative fun facts about yourself.

About Me:


1. I am kind of a self-portrait addict. I found that since I am always behind the camera I almost never have pictures of me unless I take them myself or ask others to take them for me. I realized this when I was looking for a picture of me for scrapbooking and had really none to choose from. Since then, I obsessively take self-portraits. These also come in very handy since I use a lot of my own photos for graphics. When I was younger, I wanted to be a model. I used to do photo shoots with my friends and dress up. When I was in high school, I got the opportunity to go to a meeting and could have went to New York. I never pursued it because they wanted a high school student to come up with $4,000 so to me it seemed like a scam. When I was in the Army, I also got approached by a company to do modeling. I ignored Army contract and went further than I was allowed to to attend the meeting. I never followed through. Now my modeling is done so I don't have to get other people to always pose for me when I need a picture for my writing. It worked out much better for me that way.

I am so obsessed, I actually made
myself one on a site I found. So
if you see this, run away.
2. I have a slight obsession with zombies. While I know that I would probably be one of the first people to die in a zombie apocalypse (because I pass out at the sight of blood), I love to talk about what it would be like and the different scenarios that could happen if zombies were real and suddenly the whole world was overtaken by them.

3. I get anxious when I don't have access to the outside world. I am literally connected to the hip with my laptop and my cellphone.

4. I am not a phone person. In fact, I don't usually call people because I dread talking on the phone for fear that I can't understand them. (I have trouble hearing if there is a lot of background noise!) That being said, once you get me on the phone it is very difficult to get me off the phone. Apparently I talk a lot once you get me going.

5. I am obsessed with PostSecret. I visit the website every single Sunday and I have collected almost all of the books. One day, I want to send in my secret, but I fear that mine won't look nearly as cool as the ones that get posted.

6. My husband has said some funny things to me. I have actually included some of the stuff he has said to me as dialogue in my book. It was just too perfect to pass up on. But I will make sure to give him some love on the dedication page when I publish.

7. You can always tell when I am starting to get sick because I start sneezing. And I never sneeze.

Now it is time to nominate someone else for this wonderful blogger award.


Choosing another blogger for this award is difficult. There are so many out there that I truly love and I try to catch there posts each and every day. But I guess if having too many to choose from is a problem, than that is a delightful problem to have.

So today, I nominate Wendi's Wild World for the Sisterhood Blogger Award. Wendi is a mom by day and a rocker by night. Wendi is no ordinary person - in fact she is extraordinary. She has 3 kids and is working through this crazy thing called life. I knew I had to nominate her when I saw how much spunk she had. Apparently she tells it like it is and she will occasionally get some hate mail. So while she isn't new to the writing world, she has started a new blog that I look forward to reading more of.

10 comments:

  1. Stacy, it was my pleasure and must admit that I can't believe how much we have in common. the book I knew, but even some of your seven stuff here today, I was amazed that I also don't have many pictures of me taken, because usually I am the one taking them and can't be without dealing with the outside world, especially during the hurricane I was freaking when I had no way to communicate with anyone on the outside world. Truly great post and congrats to Wendy, too. So very well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Stacy! You totally deserve this award. And Wendy is a great choice to pass it on to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great acknowledgments Stacy...I like how you explained the award and how to pass it on (unlike my own post, where I sort of forgot to do that.) Oh well. Congrats to you and Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Stacy, on your award! Those are great facts about you. And Wendi was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy, you really deserve a lot of recognition. You are the team motivator and ass stomper (when we need it). You rock the bloggopolis. And your nomination is spot on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Isn't it great how you can feel so connected to a blogger you have never met! Loved your list about you, too- such interesting facts. Off to check out Wendy's blog now1

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, you have 70.000 freaking NaNo words! Holy smokies! I DARE you to make it to 80.000 like Melanie. LOL. Make that a triple-double-dog dare. HAHA.
    Congrats on your award AND I love who you chose. This time, it's fun seeing "new" bloggers from the blogosphere. Fun stuff and awesome post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Stacy, and great folks you have chosen too! Congrats on the 70000 words for your novel as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess this means you're also a Walking Dead fan then?! :) Geoff and I are hooked on it. Just checked out PostSecret...WOW! Some of those notes are crazy!
    Congratulations on your novel, you really are doing an amazing job! To think we were neck and neck at one point (okay one day) and now look how far ahead you are?! Awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool beans, yo

    I am the relatively new, but totally (vicariously) engrossed group member watchin what you writers is doing, especially with this Nanonmo...thing....
    Fortunately, I did not join this group as 'a writer', rather (as) a guy with a blog hoping to learn stuff from the people what do know about writing and such.
    Congrats all

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror