Monday, November 19, 2012

Music Monday: Down With The Sickness

This morning my girls woke up barking...

And by girls, I don't mean I suddenly adopted a couple of dogs over the weekend and today they were barking and waking up the neighbors. No - the barking was coming from my children.

Watch out! That little bugger is out
to get you! And me without my
can of Lysol!
Now I am not going to lie, this wasn't exactly unexpected. My 3 year old son Max started getting it last weekend and it peaked on Tuesday when we ended up taking him to Urgent Care. He then spent the next few days making my life miserable. He is totally a man when it comes to whining about being sick. He doesn't want any help - he just wants to cry. He even beats my husband out for being the most dramatic sick person ever.

Well, now all three kids got the cough and they have been running fevers on and off. My husband, well he is lucky enough to be working so he gets to spend less time home potentially contracting this sickness.

Me, on the other hand, was comforting my son as he coughed, without covering his mouth, and spit his sick germs right in my face. If you want a more disturbing picture, I was in the midst of telling him to cover his mouth as he coughed. So my mouth was open and he just spit his germs right at me. I can feel it already. I am probably going to be sick. But I am strong. I only whine when it gets really bad.

So today I took some time away from my writing and got some deep cleaning done. It needed it anyway. I have been neglecting my chores since I have been working on my book. But I was going to attempt to get those nasty germs out of my house.

To bad I can't find my can of Lysol. 

Seriously? Who loses their can of Lysol?


So today for music Monday, I give you Richard Cheese with his rendition of Down With The Sickness!

Note: There are some bad words in the video, so this is your warning if you or anyone around you has sensitive ears! :)


14 comments:

  1. Stacy, I have been there and feel your pain. I truly hope that you don't get sick, because if you are like me I hate getting sick, because as mothers there just is really no time or room to be sick and not feeling well. As for the kids when they are sick, I am with you and hate that too, because they become more whiny and screechy if that is possible. I know I sound harsh and should be more maternal, but they are loud enough when they aren't sick, so really can't take much more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the exact way... they are annoying... er... angelic when they aren't sick! LOL Thankfully my girls aren't nearly as bad as my son is. He was just pitiful this past week. He even told me he couldn't walk... because he was siiiiccckkk... LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh, I feel your pain! I hope you don't get it too. It's so much harder to take care of sick kids when you feel like crap...and forget about concentrating on writing. Now go pop some vitamin c and stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of going to the store and getting a jug of Sunny D... figured we could all use it. I might just have to do it. As for the writing.. it kind of gets me out of the chores... It's kind of a win-lose situation! LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I hate it when my kids are sick. I laughed when I read the part about you with your open mouth...LOL...isn't it a mother's curse? Hang in there...hopefully you won't get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disgusted... and at the same time I was like... this would make great for a blog post. Ha ha - it's a curse.
      Although originally I was actually going to do some kind of thankful type song... figured it would mesh well for the holidays. Maybe next week!

      Delete
  4. gosh...can so relate to this problem. My kid came with something in his throat on Wednesday evening and I continued with his swim class...bummer!

    He was down with temperature on Thursday and every hour of nursing gave me the bug.

    I get that feeling of something in my throat off and on and keep hoping that my thanksgiving weekend goes fine.

    Good luck Stacy and happy thanksgiving to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah the smell of Vicks Vapo-rub* and rubbing alcohol! The smell of being sick as a child, that the the taste of the pretend prescription cough medicine that we used to have to take... very distinctive.. dab...but turned worse (somehow) after it was swallowed.
    Good Post

    * do they still make that stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, that coughing in the mouth thing is so beyond unpleasant...its downright nasty! But, I'm afraid it's almost a rite of passage for most moms...ugh. Perhaps your antibodies are so strong at this point that you won't get sick after all. In the meantime, keep spraying that Lysol if you ever find it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you don't get sick. OH man, THREE sick kids? You're an angel! That's tough! I hope they all feel better soon and that you have a great Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no....I hope you can fight off those nasty germs. That's the thing about Autumn going into Winter...it's also when we usually get sick. Well, people who are sick at work who don't bother to go home and get better - that's what makes everyone else sick. Stay strong, drink lots of orange juice and rest as much as you can. Catch up on some of those silly soapies or reality shows and drink lots of tea. Hope you all feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm probably going to get sick after visiting here, so I might as well comment. Oh, your husband borrowed the Lysol to clean off the keys of his keyboard, and put it under the kitchen sink instead of the bathroom. So much for my ESP ability. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, being sick sucks! I hope you don't get it. And I love that rendition of Down With the Sickness!! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you poor thing, Stacy! I always think of Mondays as a fresh start to a new week. I can't imagine starting it with sick little ones. I hope they feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror