Can you believe it? Next week is already Thanksgiving... and then we hit upon Black Friday. Before you know it, December will be here and you will be expected to have your arms full of gifts for all those people on your list for Christmas.
The Scrooge in me really wants to skip Christmas this year. Partially because everybody on my list is so difficult to buy for. They don't really need anything; they don't express anything that they want; and frankly, they usually go out and get it for themselves if they really really wanted it anyway.
Or maybe it is just me. Maybe it is because I want the gifts to sing to me. (And I don't mean that they have to make noise!) It means they have to be the perfect fit for that person. Well, after years and years of giving the same people gifts, suddenly the gifts stop singing. This year, I am fresh out of ideas. I don't know what to get anybody.
When it comes to gift giving, I have always been more about the thought. I love getting people something they really want, but I also try to get them something they didn't even know they needed or wanted. Yes, my gift giving is just like me, mostly sarcastic.
I am the person that will give someone Ninja Shaped Cookie cutters or a zombie in a bottle. I might even give someone a Yodeling Pickle (If you don't think they exist - just check amazon!) Or my personal favorite is the Nose Shaped Soap Dispenser. (Yes - you push on it and the soap comes out like snot! The idea is brilliant!)
So, today I am making my list... and I am going to start compiling ideas. So if you have difficult people in your life to buy gifts for, consider this feature for Flashback Friday...
- ► 2013 (85)
- Flashback Friday: 200 Things to Make You Happy
- I'm a liar...
- Give Me A Gift That Sings!
- NaNoWriMo - I Did It!
- Music Monday: The Air That I Breathe
- Pillsbury Made a Fool Out Of Me
- My Ungrateful Thanksgiving Post
- I am really good at this procrastination thing...
- The Sisterhood Award
- Music Monday: Down With The Sickness
- The Great Chicken Nugget Debate
- Flashback Friday: The Joy of Giving
- The 3 A.M. Wake Up Call and The Evil Chihuahua
- 'F' The Pennies...
- Dr. Drew, Thank You For Taking My Call...
- Music Monday: Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down)
- Flashback Friday: Living In A Dream World
- Excuse Me While My Brain Farts
- Election is over - Country Still Divided
- VLOG - Getting Organized: My binder for NaNoWriMo
- Music Monday: Manic Monday
- What comes first? Farting or Sex
- Flashback Fridays: United We Are - Divided We Stan...
- OMG - NaNoWriMo starts today
- ▼ November (24)