It has been raining here for a couple days now. There is just something about the gloomy weather that just puts me in a bad mood.
A lot of people get that way this time of year because of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) so I guess I am not alone. It is common when the days get shorter.
Not to mention depression strikes high during the holiday season anyway, whether it is due to missing family members, or maybe the financial stresses of the season, or maybe even bad memories invoked by the holidays.
Yet, I am not trying to make this a depressing post by mentioning how depressing the gloomy weather is, or the fact that you bank account just bounced because you went overboard with the gifts, or maybe that you are surviving off Ramen noodles until the next paycheck. But look, I did it again.
What I am trying to say, is this is the time to count your blessings and remember all the good things you have in life. We just celebrated Thanksgiving and we spent the whole day (some of us, the whole month) telling others what we are thankful for. Well, why not continue with that mood and spirit throughout the holiday season.
Christmas time is a time to treasure our family; spend time with our loved ones. It doesn't matter how many gifts are under the tree or how much money may or not be in the bank. It is a time to remember the important things in life.
Unfortunately for me, we can't really do much for the weather. But maybe tomorrow the sun will come out for a visit.
And if it doesn't, today for Flashback Friday I want to highlight...
200 Things To Make You Happy
- ► 2013 (85)
- Flashback Friday: 200 Things to Make You Happy
- I'm a liar...
- Give Me A Gift That Sings!
- NaNoWriMo - I Did It!
- Music Monday: The Air That I Breathe
- Pillsbury Made a Fool Out Of Me
- My Ungrateful Thanksgiving Post
- I am really good at this procrastination thing...
- The Sisterhood Award
- Music Monday: Down With The Sickness
- The Great Chicken Nugget Debate
- Flashback Friday: The Joy of Giving
- The 3 A.M. Wake Up Call and The Evil Chihuahua
- 'F' The Pennies...
- Dr. Drew, Thank You For Taking My Call...
- Music Monday: Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down)
- Flashback Friday: Living In A Dream World
- Excuse Me While My Brain Farts
- Election is over - Country Still Divided
- VLOG - Getting Organized: My binder for NaNoWriMo
- Music Monday: Manic Monday
- What comes first? Farting or Sex
- Flashback Fridays: United We Are - Divided We Stan...
- OMG - NaNoWriMo starts today
- ▼ November (24)