Friday, November 30, 2012

Flashback Friday: 200 Things to Make You Happy

It has been raining here for a couple days now. There is just something about the gloomy weather that just puts me in a bad mood.

A lot of people get that way this time of year because of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) so I guess I am not alone. It is common when the days get shorter.

Not to mention depression strikes high during the holiday season anyway, whether it is due to missing family members, or maybe the financial stresses of the season, or maybe even bad memories invoked by the holidays.

Yet, I am not trying to make this a depressing post by mentioning how depressing the gloomy weather is, or the fact that you bank account just bounced because you went overboard with the gifts, or maybe that you are surviving off Ramen noodles until the next paycheck. But look, I did it again.

What I am trying to say, is this is the time to count your blessings and remember all the good things you have in life. We just celebrated Thanksgiving and we spent the whole day (some of us, the whole month) telling others what we are thankful for. Well, why not continue with that mood and spirit throughout the holiday season.

Christmas time is a time to treasure our family; spend time with our loved ones. It doesn't matter how many gifts are under the tree or how much money may or not be in the bank. It is a time to remember the important things in life.

Unfortunately for me, we can't really do much for the weather. But maybe tomorrow the sun will come out for a visit.

And if it doesn't, today for Flashback Friday I want to highlight...
200 Things To Make You Happy

10 comments:

  1. I've been struggling to be happy for about a month and a half, now. Oregon is the rainiest, cloudiest place in the world. I love your 200 post! There's a lot to smile about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gimme a kiss picture is adorable!!! Love it! I smiled over chocolate because that really is a mood-altering drug. Loved your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this and really was so in need of a few things to make me happy today!! But so true that there is a lot to smile about indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that list Stacy...I always accuse my husband of having SAD disorder because his moods definitely seem to be affected by the weather. I think I'll share this list with him too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent List...
    I share the dislike of this time of year and offer one of the things that works for me, very simply, I consider Winter to be over on December 21st!*
    Seriously, and it's not too made-up. The days started get longer from that day on, knowing this actually helps. especially when you catch a couple of sunny days and watch the sun and the clock at the end of the day.
    Good Post

    * I've had it mentioned, in various tones and inflections that this date is, in fact considered by many as the first day of winter, but what do they know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate - it's gray and gloomy here too and the stress of the holidays can definitely get to me! Staying thankful helps. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel gloomy too...you gave me a nice quick swat in the butt. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved how you connected this with your hub. Great post and I'm so happy after reading your hub! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post to read on a sunny, warm, Saturday. I haven't been feeling the Christmas spirit at all this year. Something that's never happened. I didn't even feel like putting up the tree today. But, after reading this...I swear, I'm getting happier and tomorrow the tree goes up! Loved this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Loved your list. I'm going to print it out and tape it to my desk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror