Monday, November 26, 2012

Music Monday: The Air That I Breathe

This weekend was rough. Isn't that the way it is for most holiday weekends?

For me holidays just mean more time with family. It isn't like I get an extra day off. I work from home. Technically since I consider my writing my work, I even worked a little while most people were off from their jobs. And since I am a mother, my job never gets a day off. In fact, holidays are anything but holidays for me. I get to do extra cooking.

However, we did take a break and have some down time where we watched a movie. We sent the kids to bed and it was just my husband and I all cuddled up. I treasure these times because it doesn't happen very often. My son has placed claim on me (I don't know if it is because it is a mommy/son thing, or if it is because he got used to me being a stay at home mom!) But either way, what happens is if my husband gets even within a foot of me, my son comes running to take that foot in between.

We don't get time to ourselves very often.

But Friday night, after the fiasco of Black Friday (which we only participated in for about 20 minutes), we sat down and watched the movie, "Seeking a Friend for the End of The World" staring Steve Carell. It was a great movie and it kind of makes you think.

Ok - so here is a little spoiler - it is about the world coming to an end!

Now I am sure you already got that from the title of the movie, but I won't give you any more than that. I am just going to say give the movie a shot. It is one that will definitely give you something to think about.

For me, it reintroduced a song I have heard before, but I haven't heard in awhile. I absolutely loved the song then and more so now that this movie has given it a little more meaning. It gives me chills. It makes me think about how important it is to keep those you love near you. We don't know when tragedy will strike; we don't know when the world will end. But when it comes to those last final breaths, I would rather die staring into the eyes of the people I love.

So now, for Music Monday I give you: 
The Air That I Breathe from The Hollies


I know this video isn't the original, but I love the pictures that play with it and I think it drives the message even deeper when you are able to read the lyrics. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

28 comments:

  1. Great song!! I haven't seen that movie, but I absolutely love Steve Carell. Now you have me curious, so I will probably be watching it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movie was good... I think I need to go out and buy it because we just rented it through On Demand... and I want to watch it again! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I loved this song and reminds me of Dawson's Creek (was in one of the last episodes) and even have it in my iTunes. Yay for getting some much needed alone time with hubby. I know what you mean about truly getting much time off with writing from home and have a little Lily who likes to get all my attention (even though she is a girl), so I can relate to this on more than one level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to get the soundtrack for this movie... if anything, because I love the song and it is stuck in my head. And yeah - most nights he has one couch and I have the other. Rarely do we even sit next to each other! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like my kind of movie (thinking that the end of the world is a task that one should prepare for in advance).
    Will lot for the movie on the cable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love natural disaster movies! This is added to my top favorites! :)

      Delete
  4. sounds like a good movie...gotta check if netflix has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is too new yet... netflix probably won't have it yet... but maybe redbox! Hope you get to watch it soon!

      Delete
  5. Glad to be back in the land of the mad woman! Sounds like you had a great time with the hubby. :) We rarely cuddle and we should do it a lot more I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you back. And yes... cuddling with your husband is important! :) Of course, husbands will always get another idea! ;)

      Delete
  6. I so know what you mean about the "more work on the holidays" and I treasure alone time with my husband too. It's so very rare around here. Beautiful song! I think I'm going to need to see that movie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holidays are just more work, but so worth it in the long run! :) Hope you enjoy the movie.

      Delete
  7. I loved this song--so fun to hear it again and what a great picture of you and your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it was taken up in Idlywild when we took a trip to the mountains. We had so much fun! :)

      Delete
  8. Great song and video! I haven't seen that movie but I'd like to...will definitely check it out the next time my hubby and I sit down to watch a movie on demand (or Apple TV, our fave), which also isn't that often! We both like Steve Carell too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely won't be disappointed. I really liked it! :)

      Delete
  9. Aww...loved this post. It's so important to keep loved ones close by - you really do never know. They're the most important things in life. Will have to check out that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really delivers the perfect message and when paired with the movie, it brought me to chills! :)

      Delete
  10. I love that song. I'll have to look for that movie. I like Steve Carrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Carrell really out does himself her. While it does have it's funny moments, he shows how great of an actor he is because it is somewhat serious. I am sure you will enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  11. Gosh...now you've taken me back. My mom loved The Hollies and used to play their songs over and over again in the car whenever she took us to any after-school activities. I think I know the words off by heart to just about all their songs :P I love watching natural disaster movies and end of the world movies. And anything with Steve Carell in it is never a waste of time. Looking forward to watching this one. Love that picture of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a big fan of oldies but there is the occasional one that just sticks out. I blame my dad. He used to play them all the time when we were in the car so I just got used to them. And natural disaster movies - that tops my list of movies to watch. Maybe that is why I am such a zombie fan! :)

      Delete
  12. I know I'm dating myself, but I love that song. Brings back old college memories...too fun! And loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to watch the movie now. I definitely thought about seeing it, but hadn't made up my mind yet. Thanks for convincing me! I'm glad you two got some time, even on the busy holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There was a movie a few years back where an asteroid fell to the Earth. One of the primary characters stood on the beach with her father when the impact had created a tidal wave that was only a few seconds away. They looked at the wave and then at each other right before the final moment of life. That one got me thinking in ways you've just expressed. Good post! Very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's stunning I had no clue about all this until I came across this blog entry of yours over here. Also I want to know one thing. Do you have any helpful info on how to defend your own blog entries from being used without you knowing it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just recently finished "Saving A Friend For The End of the World", and it affected me a lot more than I thought it would. I love apocalyptic movies - alien invasion, zombie swarm, disease outbreak, take your pick - but this one was different. It leaves you no way out and allows people a path to that beautiful place beyond fear.

    The world ends in three weeks.

    There's nothing you can do to prevent it.

    How are you going to spend that time?

    And Keira Knightley's smile at the end, priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror