The worst part is, there is nothing I despise more than a liar.
|My daughter Bella - She is indeed 7 and|
not 8 like I said on my Vlog!
Nope, mine was a big lie. I feel horrible about it too. Mainly because I didn't even realize I did it!
Yesterday, I did a Vlog... and in there, I caught myself lying. But I only caught it after I had already put hours of work into my Vlog and even had it published for several hours. And frankly, I have no intention of going back and trying to redo it. So that is why I am here today, letting everybody else know that I am a liar!
So this is indeed my correction. My lovely daughter that I mentioned in my Vlog is not actually 8... she is 7.
I can hear the gasps now....
"What kind of parent doesn't know how old there child is!"
Well, I guess that I am that kind of parent.
And what excuses do I have? I can think of a million.
- I have been writing a book and my main character's daughter is 8 years old. Maybe that is the reason why I suddenly thought my daughter was 8 even though she was 7.
- She acts older than 7. Nothing about her screams 7. It screams more like... I am 8.
- I hit my head a couple weeks ago. Maybe I do have a brain injury.
- On top of a potential brain injury, I have also been fending off this cold that my son seems insistent on giving to me. Maybe it is the cold.
- I have exhausted my brain from everything going on lately, that I am in a brain fog.
- Holidays equal stress and stress can affect your memory.
- She has been planning her birthday party since her last birthday, so maybe I already mentally turned her 8.
- The pie that I ate was getting too old so I am actually getting delirious off of food poisoning!
Yep... those are my excuses. But the reality is... I still lied. So I am fessing up. But being that I have 3 kids, I am sure it won't be the first time I mess up.
Hey, I even occasionally call them the wrong name! I am only human!