Monday, November 12, 2012

Music Monday: Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down)

I woke up this morning and felt the back of my head. It was warm and completely matted. I looked at the napkin on the old towel that was placed on my pillow. It was covered in blood. My head had been bleeding all night.

I am not a hypochondriac... maybe... but all I can think of is how dizzy I am. I hit my head pretty hard. I must be dying. I am emotional. I don't even know why. It must be because I am dying. This is what happens when you rattle your brain, right?

I guess it was only natural to be thinking about zombies
while I was knocked out!
Last night we stopped by a friend's house. We are all big fans of The Walking Dead. So while we were sitting there, I asked them what they thought of the previous week's episode. If you haven't watched The Walking Dead, I won't give anything away. But for me, I was horrified by Rick's bad acting at the end of the last episode. Ok - so he had a right to have a breakdown. But it was funny. My husband always teases me about how Ewan McGreggor cries in Moulin Rouge, so this was my way to demonstrate how funny Rick cries as well.

Needless to say, I need to work on my acting skills. As I demonstrated and acted out the scene where Rick falls over, I fell backwards on the ottoman and crashed the back of my head on the entertainment stand. Stunned I sat back up. I was told I looked pretty glassy eyed and I could already feel the goose egg on the back of my head forming. But I am strong and I said I was ok. They went ahead and got me some ice, and when I felt the back of my head it felt hot and wet. When I pulled my hand out, it was covered in blood.

Well, I went into the kitchen and they tried to clean it up. But I am not one for blood. It makes me sick. I am not one for injuries. It makes me sick. I started to feel sick. I needed to sit down.

The next thing I know, I am running through these black hallways and we are being chased by zombies. I can hear my friends calling out my name and even though I am screaming back at them, they can't hear me. They keep saying something, but I can't really understand their gargley goop. My friend's face pops up in front of me. She is calling my name. I keep talking back. My arms are tingly and warm. I can't feel my feet. I have no clue where I am and there is a ringing in my ears. I try to talk back but nothing is coming out. The words are stuck in my throat. I must have been caught by one of the zombies. I must have been bitten. And they are trying to bring me back. The world around me is a glass bubble and everything is echoing in my head.

I sit up and the beads of sweat are covering my face. I am hot all over but at least my arms are no longer tingly. My head hurts. They said I was out for a couple of minutes. My eyes were open but nobody was home. When I finally came back to, I realized what was going on. It is the weirdest feeling ever.

I spent the rest of the night with a bag of ice to my head and trying to not fall asleep. I was lucky. It could have been much worse. I could have hit lower. I could have cut myself worse and had to go get a staple put into the back of my head. I could have really been bitten by a zombie. Although they all agreed that I probably wouldn't survive a zombie apocalypse if I pass out at the sight of blood. That's ok. I plan on hiding in a closet. Or maybe if it ever does happen, I would get over my fear of blood.

Overall, the lesson I took away from this was I guess I need to work on my acting skills. But I will stay away from all sharp objects when I do it!

So for Music Monday, I was going to highlight a song by LL Cool J  "Mamma gonna knock You Out" (or whatever the name of the song is) but upon trying to listen to it, it just made my headache worse. So, I resorted to one of my favorites from Chumbawamba.

So just remember... I get knocked down, but I get up again! :)


10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are okay. That sounds awful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the pain stops radiating through my head I am sure it will be a whole lot funnier! :)

      Delete
  2. Stacy great song choice and truly hope you are Ok. Sounds scary and could see my reaction being similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! You poor thing! I hope you are feeling better now. I pass out at the sight of blood sometimes (though I made it through birthing 3 kids somehow). I absolutely hate that feeling when you are "out" and you can hear people talking to you but you are having nightmarish dreams at the same time. It's so terrifying. Are you sure you don't need to get checked out by a doc, just to be on the safe side?
    Feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aiiyi yi! (I laugh with the understanding that you are not injured in a way that prevents you from doing what you would like to do)

    As I read the beginning of this Post, I could identify with that pit-of-the-stomache feeling when something 'not ordinary' happens, when our world changes (maybe a little, maybe a lot) it is not the size of the change, it is the fact of the change. Un-ordinary things are not comfortable to witness, no matter how minor they may seem.
    ...love the vid, love the song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me thinking that I need to practice my "Elaine" moves from Seinfeld. HAHA. I'm really glad you're okay. Did you get checked out by a doc? And no more acting for awhile. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy, when someone suggests that you "knock yourself out," they usually don't mean literally! :) If it makes you feel better, I knocked myself out before, too. I was on a 3 foot ladder, paining when someone slammed a door and startled me. I fell backwards into a tight spot and knocked myself out for a good 10 minutes. When I came to, I was stuck.

    I went to see my father-in-law (a doc) and it turned out I gave myself a concussion and tore my inner eardrum. Because of that, I ended up with migraines daily for the next 6 months, then they settled down to a couple a week. Now I just get them when I'm stressed. But the vertigo from tearing the inner eardrum still messes with my equilibrium.

    I am so happy you didn't hurt yourself worse than you did. I hope the pain and gross stuff goes away quickly and you are back to your kick ass self! :) Here's to a speedy recovery with NO after affects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief woman! That sounds scary! Glad you're okay...just take it easy, and yes - go see a doc please if you haven't already or you need to.
    P.S - Also a huge Walking Dead fan, and I can't stand Rick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy - There's many things I could say, but I'm going to hold off on the humor today as I'm empathetic to your situation. Take it easy today and make sure you didn't sustain a concussion. Be careful, and please, stay away from Zombies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor thing! I have totally done things like that. For me the embarrassment is worse than the pain, but I'm not a fan of blood either. I hope your head feels better! And good luck with the acting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror