Friday, November 9, 2012

Flashback Friday: Living In A Dream World

Writers live in their heads...

We all know that feeling. The story comes alive in our head. We think out the perfect words to describe each situation perfectly. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes it is sad, sometimes it is dramatic, sometimes it is crazy. But what we do, is we create a world that no one else can see until we are able to put it down in words.

Sometimes it gets a little crazy up here!
As I continue on my journey with NaNoWriMo... (I know I know, it is all I seem to talk about lately) I realize how much of the story is just floating in my head. It is trying to escape. It has been trying to escape for years. But with NaNoWriMo, I have finally been given the opportunity (or maybe the fire under my ass!) to finally get the words out.

But it goes back to the same thought. As a writer, we live in our heads. We are constantly living these fictional stories. Whether or not we write them down is another question. We can do it in so many different ways. We can write a book or we can even write a poem. It is an expression of what we are living on the inside.

So, as I continue on my journey, creating an imaginary world, I wanted to share another imaginary world that I created a while back. This one is a poem. But it describes perfectly how I feel right now.

Today's feature for Flashback Friday is...

Living In A Dream World

10 comments:

  1. Stacy, you pretty much summed up how I too am feeling right now about NaNoWriMo and my writing now also. Seriously this story that I am also telling has been waiting to take a life of its own for ages and now actually writing it has been almost therapeutic for me. Totally relate and thanks for letting me know I am not alone here on this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I introduced some intresting twists in mine that I never even thought about. It is amazing how we all kind of live in our heads creating these stories. I can't wait for it to be all done so I can say I finished something! :)

      Delete
  2. I can relate, I'm constantly waking up writing a story in my head, it's kind of fun actually...Good luck with the NaNoWriMo project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how you are churning out words. You must have been bottling it up forever. Glad it is finally coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stand in respectful agast(edness) at what you are doing for this Project thing! damn! keep it up, I am learning (something) osmosis not sure what, but it has helped me with my efforts to keep up the Post a day thing (which is not seeming as herculean as it did before you guys started your Month of Writing Furiously)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that you are enjoying the journey so much. You make it sound almost easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so relate to this, but I have to tell you, you're on fire with your writing. You're amazing. I'm still riding on Cloud 9 after that wonderful comment you left me yesterday. I'll say the same to you: looking forward to when this book gets released. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's awesome! You are a writing machine, and clearly have a lot of stuff to get out that's been kept inside for so long. I feel similar with parts of my book. We are releasing parts of ourselves into a story and it's exhausting/therapeutic/exciting/scary - all at the same time! Is there anything else more amazing though?! Your poem captivated exactly what I've been feeling as well - it's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You summed up all writer's dilemma beautifully.

    We all are currently living in that world which is full of dialogues and its alive and happening in the gray matter of our brains.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror