Friday, November 2, 2012

Flashback Fridays: United We Are - Divided We Stand

I hate politics! I particularly hate election years!

Most people who know me, know I keep my political stance and opinion to myself - for the most part. I am a firm believer it doesn't matter what you say, you won't change someone's political stance. So why would I even bother getting into an argument that is way over my head?

Now I already said I hate politics, but this doesn't mean I am not informed. I do follow them - a little - just not enough that I could get into an argument and back up my facts. Yet, it makes me wonder - is it even appropriate to state facts - after all, we are talking politics! It really is nothing more than a he said - she said kind of deal!

That being said, I am very patriotic. Hello - I joined the military. This should be obvious. I won't say anything nasty toward the President whether I like them or not. Why?  Because I respect the office and they are the head of the military. I wouldn't bad mouth or talk back to my commander and that is what the President is to the military. I despise when people don't have respect for the office. You don't respect the office, you make all of us Americans look like a damn fool.

But enough negativity. This isn't about President Obama and respecting him or the office. It isn't even about who you should vote for. This is about the Elections coming up. I am sure you already know what I am going to say...

Go Vote!


That is right! Go vote! It doesn't take long and it does make a difference. Not voting is like wasting a vote. I don't care if you vote Democrat or Republican or Private Party. Hell - vote for Roseanne Barr for all I care. The thing is, you need to vote for the best person for the job.

I know that seems hard, but we all have to make our decisions based off the best lies. And yes, I am going to call them all liars. After all, it is politics. They will say just about anything to get into office. But the reality is America works on a system of Checks and Balances. They can promise you the world but congress will have to back it up!

But most importantly, we need to check ourselves. I have never seen a country so divided and these elections are bringing out the worst in people. So remember, regardless of who you vote for, we are Americans. It is time we stood together instead of dividing.

And hopefully once Election Day has passed we can suddenly go back to the normal drama on social networks. You know the drama - the OMG - I can't believe so and so didn't like my post... or I know they are talking about me. Well, at least it beats all the political bashing!

So, today's feature for Flashback Friday is...

United We Are - Divided We Stand

P.S. Can you tell I really hate politics?
P.S.S. This is not meant to be a political debate. You will not suede anyone's vote in the comment section so, if you don't have anything nice to say - keep your mouth shut!

8 comments:

  1. Loved this Stacy and feel so similar to you and couldn't have said it better if I tried. So tired of all the drama behind it and am with you on wanting it to be over already. Great job and love Flashback Fridays :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. I am so sick of the political jargon too. yesterday someone posted a video on "Why I changed my vote to Mitt Romney!" It was suppossed to be funny but I couldn't tell if they were encouraging me to vote for Romney or not.. I was so confused. I didn't even think it was funny. So I shut it off... and then you see all these posts about how the presidential candidates are going to certain things just to get votes.. duh... it's politics. I can't wait for it to be over!

      Delete
  2. Great message, Stacy! I think everyone in the country should get out there and vote. I feel like this election has been going on for years! Oh wait, it has!! I'm so ready for it to be over and done and for us to know who the President will be for the next four years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vote for Cyndi for town dogcatcher! HAHAHA. Sorry...just kidding. Ahem...yes, voting is good. I grew up in a military town. I'm properly apprised of voting procedures. Can't wait til the election season is over...my husband is glued to the news like ALL the time. Makes me crazy. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cyndi funny you should say it that way, '...glued to the news...makes me crazy' I am a firm in not allowing the news shouters and other TV-related shows to mess with my head during the day. I shut off my exposure to un-necessary 'news' and information a while ago and am glad I did (and I even got used to the idea that world went on without me! )

    Very timely Post Stacy! Now if all the politicians would stop talking so much and maybe spend the reading blogs, they might sound a little more in touch with the world.
    ...sure. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate politics too...but I can't stand it when people don't exercise their right to vote. VOTE damnit!! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Politics is a pain in the politics! There's no right or wrong, only opinions. Was in the military myself so I completely understand your stance. One has to vote and exercise all rights while we still have them. Anyone got a coin to toss? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, you've made me think here. I also keep my political opinions to myself...especially here. Our elections aren't like the US version, but if you know anything about apartheid here in South Africa, well - you can just imagine. It doesn't get pretty once race is brought into it, so I prefer to just keep quiet. That being said, I do moan now and then, and have never bothered to go and vote. I think I need to do something about it this year. Plus, it will give me a post to write on! LOl ;)

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror