When I woke up this morning, I had my mental To Do list and it was a mile long.
1. Get up and write for NaNoWriMo.
2. Feed kids and get them dressed so they can be a part of normal society.
3. Take kids to storytime at Library to avoid high late book fees.
4. Grab kid's friend and bring him back to house to give him haircut.
5. Get rid of kid.
6. Do laundry.
7. Make Thanksgiving Grocery List.
8. Go to store.
9. Prep stuff for Thanksgiving.
10. Make dinner.
11. Give kids a bath and get them in bed before losing my sanity.
12. Fold laundry.
13. Write blog.
14. Read blogs.
So, it looks like a pretty doable list. But nothing went right. Nothing went right at all. I had intentions of getting out of bed and writing, but the bed was warm. I slept in.
My son got up before I barely had coffee in my system. He begged for some homemade banana bread and then woke his sister's up to brag. I made them get dressed and feed themselves.
We headed to the library. Storytime was cancelled and I am apparently not on my game. However, we did check out 10 books. Not one of them is for me.
On my way back, I grabbed my friend's kid. Brought him home with me to cut his hair. He was back to his house in less than 30 minutes. By this time, I should have already started laundry (Ok - I should have started laundry this morning first thing!) and I should have already made my grocery list. Instead, I dropped him off at home and came home to finish my tasks.
So I figured, I should write some more for NaNoWriMo. I am about 2 or 3 chapters away from finishing. This way I could go to Thanksgiving dinner and casually through out that "I recently wrote a book." You know - for when they ask me what I have been up to. Instead, I called my friend Kelly and chatted for awhile.
By now, I still have yet to make my list, I haven't thrown any laundry in, and I need to run to the store!
Now I realize I need to get the store done, so I through a hasty list together. I really don't feel like going out and dealing with the rest of the procrastinators who decided the day before Thanksgiving is the best time to get all your stuff for your big meal.
Before I headed into the grocery store, I saw that the new Family Dollar opened. Might as well peak in there and see what they got. An hour later, I am finally in the grocery store. Then I realized I forgot my list. That makes it difficult to shop. Now that I am home, I still haven't checked the list to make sure I forgot anything. I should probably get to it.
I did eventually throw a load of laundry in and I only put half of the groceries away. (Why not? I am going to be pulling them back out to make the stuff any way!) I am currently writing this blog and I am feeling lazy.
Gee, if I am this bad before Thanksgiving... what am I going to do after I eat the Turkey!
- ► 2013 (85)
- Flashback Friday: 200 Things to Make You Happy
- I'm a liar...
- Give Me A Gift That Sings!
- NaNoWriMo - I Did It!
- Music Monday: The Air That I Breathe
- Pillsbury Made a Fool Out Of Me
- My Ungrateful Thanksgiving Post
- I am really good at this procrastination thing...
- The Sisterhood Award
- Music Monday: Down With The Sickness
- The Great Chicken Nugget Debate
- Flashback Friday: The Joy of Giving
- The 3 A.M. Wake Up Call and The Evil Chihuahua
- 'F' The Pennies...
- Dr. Drew, Thank You For Taking My Call...
- Music Monday: Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down)
- Flashback Friday: Living In A Dream World
- Excuse Me While My Brain Farts
- Election is over - Country Still Divided
- VLOG - Getting Organized: My binder for NaNoWriMo
- Music Monday: Manic Monday
- What comes first? Farting or Sex
- Flashback Fridays: United We Are - Divided We Stan...
- OMG - NaNoWriMo starts today
- ▼ November (24)