I have been all sorts of Scrooge this year... Probably because there is no snow on the ground and we don't plan on decorating for Christmas. Why would we? We won't be around. It would be more of a hassle to put it up to just take it down. And believe me, I got a lot of dollar store decorations. I am the queen of tacky Christmas decor and it barfs all over my house.
That being said, we can't do the traditional picture of the family in front of the Christmas tree to send out on our family Christmas cards.
I know... everybody all at once... awe.... how precious. Your family looks amazing.
This year, I don't want to do traditional. This year I want to be sarcastic and funny. So yesterday I went on a mission for sarcastic Christmas shirts. I scored one for my husband and me right away. I was excited. The kids - couldn't find anything. We went from store to store.
I was getting frustrated. All the Christmas shirts for kids were centered around Hello Kitty. Now I get it. Kids aren't necessarily the target for sarcastic Christmas shirts. But still, this was frustrating. However, we did finally find something suitable.
Cost of outfits = $66
Cost of cards = $25
Look on people's face when they get our card in the mail = PRICELESS
So here is a preview of one of the pictures we took for our sarcastic family photos....
What kind of Christmas cards do you send out?
- ► 2013 (85)
- There Is Never Enough Time When You Are Home
- Merry Christmas from Me to You
- Music Monday: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Flashback Friday: Making a Packing List
- Text Message Confusion
- Driving toward the Apocalypse
- Blog of the Year 2012 - Perfect Way To End The Yea...
- A Blogger Day Of Silence for Sandy Hook
- A Star For Benjamin - Thanks for All Your Help
- Music Monday: I'll be Home For Christmas
- A Star For Benjamin
- Another Star in The Sky - Random Act of Kindness t...
- Flashback Friday: Shopping Addiction - What Makes ...
- 2012: The End of The World Is Near
- Make That Call - And Why I Just Can't Seem To Do I...
- Why You Should Like The Mad Woman On Facebook
- Music Monday: Don't Be A Jerk - It's Christmas!
- Merry Sarcastic Christmas!
- Flashback Friday: Status Update Overload
- And Out of Nowhere It Happened....
- I'm a Beautiful Blogger -- And So Are You!
- All I Want For Christmas is...
- Music Monday: White Christmas
- ▼ December (23)