|My kids were so nervous!|
We got home late after I suffered through another hour drive. Ok - so the switchbacks really were only 5 or 6 miles long. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. But I knew that since we weren't picking up my son, I was going to get a chance to sleep in.
Ahhhh... the joy.
Parenthood is ironic. Just as we have trained the oldest to be able to wake up and turn cartoons on to let us sleep in a little longer, I end up pregnant and the cycle starts all over again. But this time, I was going to get to sleep in. The two oldest could get up, make their own bowls of cereal, and watch TV or play. We could get up when we wanted because our little boy wasn't home.
Dreams are easily shattered... especially at 6 a.m. with the phone ringing.
It was the dreaded call. My son had been awake all night and throwing up. Sunday was going to be a rough day.
So needless to say, when I found out I had won another award, I was ecstatic. It truly made my day since I was woken up early after getting to bed late, was dealing with a sick kid, and I am not going to lie, but I have been in a bit of a funk since I finished my book for NaNoWriMo.
I have been awarded The Beautiful Blogger Award! YEAH!
Now I can't thank Janine, from Janine's Confession's of a Mommyaholic, enough for spotlighting me in this prestigious award. Janine is a fellow blogger/writer and mommy, who I have come to know through the most awesome Facebook Group Bloppy Bloggers. She was one of the first bloggers I came to know when I started on my blogging journey and immediately there was a connection. We seemed so similar, in the stuff we propose on our blog and even the way we write. Who knows... maybe when we both become millionaire bloggers, we will get a chance to meet, since she lives all the way on the other side of the country! So don't hesitate.. go check her out!
So without further hesitation... if you get this award... this is what you got to do!
2. Thank the person who nominated you. (Janine - you are amazing! I am truly honored that out of all the bloggers you picked me! And you would have been one of my choices as well!)
3. Tell 7 facts about yourself that others may not know. (Oh no - is there anything left to tell! I will try though but excuse me if you already knew the stuff!)
4. Nominate other bloggers for the award and let them know!
Seven things About Me that you might not have known.
1. I am a bad story teller. When it comes to my writing strengths, I do the best when writing feature articles. Basically, something you would see in a magazine. This is why I was so surprised to be able to finish a book for NaNoWriMo. My story telling skills are horrible. This is usually very apparent when sitting around a campfire.
2. I have a sick obsession with "end of world" disaster type movies. I will watch them all regardless of how bad they might be. The movie 2012 is one of my favorites... and since I know what is supposed to happen on that day, I will be glad that I am not going to be in California Dec. 21st since I am heading home for the holidays.
3. I took a lot of joy in people complimenting me on how much weight I lost in the past year. But now that I have kind of kept it off, I am kind of sick of hearing about it. No - I haven't lost any more weight since last February. I have been plateaued (or maybe I have been drinking too much wine!) That also means that every single time the same person asks me again about weight loss, it reminds me that I haven't gotten to goal. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the compliments. But I don't enjoy the fact that everybody thinks I am obsessive about working out because I am trying to lose more weight. Currently, while I would love to actually get to goal, I actually work out more for the mood enhancing effects. You should see me when I don't work out... I turn into a bitch!
4. I can't write erotica. It makes me giggle too much. I am so immature. Well, since I just wrote a book, and part of it does deal with a few minor (but needed) sex scenes, I had to enlist my husband's help. Personally, I think it is corny. Personally, I am hoping one day my mom will read this book. And personally, I really don't want my mom to read a sex scene that her innocent daughter wrote.
5. I am currently sick. It scares me to death. Not that this is anything more than a very short stomach bug, but because earlier this year I got sick and was sick for 6 months. In fact, I was so sick that I don't remember a good portion of this year. That being said, it scares me that I was out of it so much yesterday, that I can't recall anything. I don't ever want to be that sick again.
6. I love musicals. I think every single show should have at least one musical episode. I love watching musicals, whether it is on DVD or in a live theater performance. For awhile, every DVD we bought was a musical. Yet, there is still so many I haven't seen.
7. Speaking of musicals, it has taken me awhile to realize this, but there is a few traits that make a man more attractive to me regardless of how he actually looks. If a man can sing or dance, his hotness level is automatically given a few extra notches. Double that if he can do both. This is one of the reason's why my favorite actor is Ewan McGregor. Have you seen him in Moulin Rouge?
Now time to pass the award off to other Bloggers....
For me, coming up with 7 things was way easier than attempting to pick out just one person for this Beautiful Blogger Award. (Ok - so I am actually supposed to pick 7!) The reason being, I have met so many wonderful bloggers in the Bloppy Bloggers group that I think they all deserve this award. That being said, I am only going to give it to a couple. Why - so those who are still new to the blogging world will have a chance to also give the award to others in the group, or even others outside of the group.
|Here we are... having a blast in Vegas!|
2. The second person I am giving this award to is Julie from Life According to Julie and Fabulous Blogging. Now I actually met her online through a different group on Facebook, however, I was instantly drawn into her blog. In fact, she was probably the main person who got me started with blogging (even though she probably didn't realize it). This woman amazes me. Not only because her blogs are entertaining and helpful, but because of her courage to stand up, whether it is a topic she believes in - like Enough - or it is sharing her memoir Wanted so others will be able to learn from her experiences. You can check out her book by clicking here... I highly recommend it. It is an incredible read! I couldn't put it down. But the best part about Julie is that she is down to earth and someone I can relate to. There have been so many times when she has said something and I have to tell my husband about it because it just seems similar. She is an amazing person to follow and always there to lend a helping hand. Honestly, I don't know how she seems to do it all, but just sit back and watch her and you will be amazed as well.
There are so many great bloggers out there, I find it difficult to narrow the choices down. Every single blogger I interact with qualifies for The Beautiful Blogger Award! You guys are all amazing! You have made this journey an incredible one and I am truly humbled by those who stop by and offer your support.