Friday, December 14, 2012
Another Star in The Sky - Random Act of Kindness to the Victims of the Connecticut Shooting
No parent ever thinks of the day when they will drop their kid off to school and not see them return home at night. The magnitude of this tragedy is hard to comprehend. Yet, this tragedy hits closer to home for some of us.
I belong to a group of bloggers, called Bloppy Bloggers. One of our dear friends and fellow blogger, Amy from Adorable Chaos, knows a family who lost a child in this incident. As a group, we decided to pull together and see what we can do for this family. Together, we can be heard and we can help.
As a group, we are collecting donations for a family who is in need and dealing with a horrific loss 11 days before Christmas. (The family will be kept anonymous for publicity sake.) We will be purchasing a star and naming it after the child, so the family can look up in the sky and remember him. Any additional money will also be delivered to the family to relieve some of the burden of funeral costs.
Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all the families that have been affected by this tragedy in Newtown, CT.
If you too would like to donate to our cause, feel free to use the Donate button on the top left hand corner of the blog. We thank you for help in this tragic time.
- ► 2013 (85)
- There Is Never Enough Time When You Are Home
- Merry Christmas from Me to You
- Music Monday: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Flashback Friday: Making a Packing List
- Text Message Confusion
- Driving toward the Apocalypse
- Blog of the Year 2012 - Perfect Way To End The Yea...
- A Blogger Day Of Silence for Sandy Hook
- A Star For Benjamin - Thanks for All Your Help
- Music Monday: I'll be Home For Christmas
- A Star For Benjamin
- Another Star in The Sky - Random Act of Kindness t...
- Flashback Friday: Shopping Addiction - What Makes ...
- 2012: The End of The World Is Near
- Make That Call - And Why I Just Can't Seem To Do I...
- Why You Should Like The Mad Woman On Facebook
- Music Monday: Don't Be A Jerk - It's Christmas!
- Merry Sarcastic Christmas!
- Flashback Friday: Status Update Overload
- And Out of Nowhere It Happened....
- I'm a Beautiful Blogger -- And So Are You!
- All I Want For Christmas is...
- Music Monday: White Christmas
- ▼ December (23)