Thursday, December 20, 2012
Text Message Confusion
We are driving. It will take us roughly 40 hours. Many people call us insane. This time around though we are well prepared. I baked some mini muffins and bagged them. Got some gold fish and bagged them. Threw in a few granola bars and some fruit snacks, a small container of peanut butter and some jam.
That's when I realized we had a problem. I am not about to lose my silverware on the road. I need a plastic knife to spread the peanut butter. Knowing that my husband has mentioned before that he has used the plastic silverware at his work, I wondered if they would have some knives available for us to borrow. (Ok - I am not giving them back. But are they really going to miss a couple?)
So naturally, because he is working, I text him to ask. This is the result of that one very simple question.
Me: Does your work have plastic silverware?
Husband: Yes. Want me to grab some?
(Impressed - conversation is going well so far...)
Me: We just need knives... Thought we had some but apparently I don't buy variety packs anymore... will make peanut butter spreading difficult without a knife.
(Is it the dot dot dot that starts the confusion?)
Husband: Hahaha, I'll grab some on the way out.
Me: Cool grab a few so we don't have to clean them off and reuse
Husband: And reading
(Did I ask you what you were doing?)
Me: Huh... What you said makes no sense in reference to our conversation...
Husband: Only part of it went through. It was supposed to say knifes for eating pb&j and reading. Yep, eating and reading.
(Am I the only one confused?)
Me: Huh... Don't get reading part
Husband: Our Kindles
Me: What does that have to do with knives...
Husband: Making the PB & Js
(Like the capitalization makes it MAKE sense!)
Me: No shit what does pb&j have to do with kindles?
Husband: Hahaha, making the sandwiches with the knife, eating them while we are driving and reading our kindles while doing it.
(He will SO not be driving and reading his Kindle at the same time!)
Me: Your dumb!
Husband: I know.
Note: This was indeed an actual text message conversation between my husband and I. No punctuation or spelling has been changed for the most dramatic effect.
- ► 2013 (85)
- There Is Never Enough Time When You Are Home
- Merry Christmas from Me to You
- Music Monday: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Flashback Friday: Making a Packing List
- Text Message Confusion
- Driving toward the Apocalypse
- Blog of the Year 2012 - Perfect Way To End The Yea...
- A Blogger Day Of Silence for Sandy Hook
- A Star For Benjamin - Thanks for All Your Help
- Music Monday: I'll be Home For Christmas
- A Star For Benjamin
- Another Star in The Sky - Random Act of Kindness t...
- Flashback Friday: Shopping Addiction - What Makes ...
- 2012: The End of The World Is Near
- Make That Call - And Why I Just Can't Seem To Do I...
- Why You Should Like The Mad Woman On Facebook
- Music Monday: Don't Be A Jerk - It's Christmas!
- Merry Sarcastic Christmas!
- Flashback Friday: Status Update Overload
- And Out of Nowhere It Happened....
- I'm a Beautiful Blogger -- And So Are You!
- All I Want For Christmas is...
- Music Monday: White Christmas
- ▼ December (23)