Sunday, December 16, 2012
A Star For Benjamin
Yet, in light of a tragedy, it is amazing how the power of people shines through. Our group, Bloppy Bloggers, decided we would take action to raise money and buy a star for the family of Benjamin Wheeler. The parents of this child is friends with one of our very own members, Amy from Adorable Chaos. So even though some of us may not have known the family personally, we have decided to reach out and show the power of human kindness and the power of the written word.
So far our efforts have been nothing short of amazing. As of writing this, we have raised about $2,300 for the family to assist in the funeral costs. We have over a dozen bloggers who have been spreading the word since we have started. And most importantly, we have had more than 100 people that have opened their hearts and have given to the Wheeler family. These people have been scattered, not just through the United States, but in other parts of the world as well.
This is the power of people.
While money will never substitute for the loss of a child, it definitely can take away some of the stresses. If you would like to donate to the cause, there is a Donation button located at the top of this blog. Feel free to add a note as well. The notes that are being sent along to the family are a true show of human kindness.
And then there is the star. A star purchased in the sky and one to go on the tree. The star that will forever be a reminder and a memory of a child that was taken to soon.
Our thoughts go out to all the families that have been affected by this tragedy.
Note: If you want to check out all the updates on what has been happening, please click here to be directed to an article on Life According to Julie. It has been updated regularly. The picture on top is also courtesy of Cyndi from Pictimilitude.
- ► 2013 (85)
- There Is Never Enough Time When You Are Home
- Merry Christmas from Me to You
- Music Monday: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Flashback Friday: Making a Packing List
- Text Message Confusion
- Driving toward the Apocalypse
- Blog of the Year 2012 - Perfect Way To End The Yea...
- A Blogger Day Of Silence for Sandy Hook
- A Star For Benjamin - Thanks for All Your Help
- Music Monday: I'll be Home For Christmas
- A Star For Benjamin
- Another Star in The Sky - Random Act of Kindness t...
- Flashback Friday: Shopping Addiction - What Makes ...
- 2012: The End of The World Is Near
- Make That Call - And Why I Just Can't Seem To Do I...
- Why You Should Like The Mad Woman On Facebook
- Music Monday: Don't Be A Jerk - It's Christmas!
- Merry Sarcastic Christmas!
- Flashback Friday: Status Update Overload
- And Out of Nowhere It Happened....
- I'm a Beautiful Blogger -- And So Are You!
- All I Want For Christmas is...
- Music Monday: White Christmas
- ▼ December (23)