I am suffering from anxiety today. Why? Because I need to make a phone call that for some reason I keep putting off.
Seriously, I would rather clean the baseboards and wash down the walls. I would rather scrub toilets after my 3 year old has sprayed all over the place. I would even rather iron my husband's work clothes!
I have been putting this phone call on my "To Do" list for the last week. Each day, at the end of the day, this phone call has yet to be crossed off the list. The reality is, I haven't just been putting off this phone call for the last week, I have been putting it off since June.
By now you are probably wondering who this phone call is to. You are probably thinking it is some long lost relative... or maybe it is to someone I have some bad news to tell. Either way, you know it has to be important if I have been procrastinating this much.
Well, the call is important, but there really isn't any "good" reasons I have been putting it off.
Yet, the anxiety levels are skyrocketing as I realize I need to just do it. I need to pick up the phone and dial the number and set up my appointment with VA.
VA - in case you didn't know - is Veteran's Affairs. That's right! I am a disabled Veteran. The reason I need to make this call is because I need to get my information in the system in the closest facility. Why? Because I am supposed to have a yearly physical to keep my benefits, but the other reason is because I need to go back an open up my claim. And frankly, I have been slacking on this paperwork since we moved from Wisconsin.
Yikes - this is why I am having anxiety attacks about this whole phone call. I realize it is healthy to get stuff out, but frankly a part of me would rather have the issues buried. Yet, I can't get treated for it, if VA doesn't recognize the issue either.
So excuse me while I have a complete and full breakdown... maybe soon I will be a diagnosed mad woman after all!
- ► 2013 (85)
- There Is Never Enough Time When You Are Home
- Merry Christmas from Me to You
- Music Monday: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Flashback Friday: Making a Packing List
- Text Message Confusion
- Driving toward the Apocalypse
- Blog of the Year 2012 - Perfect Way To End The Yea...
- A Blogger Day Of Silence for Sandy Hook
- A Star For Benjamin - Thanks for All Your Help
- Music Monday: I'll be Home For Christmas
- A Star For Benjamin
- Another Star in The Sky - Random Act of Kindness t...
- Flashback Friday: Shopping Addiction - What Makes ...
- 2012: The End of The World Is Near
- Make That Call - And Why I Just Can't Seem To Do I...
- Why You Should Like The Mad Woman On Facebook
- Music Monday: Don't Be A Jerk - It's Christmas!
- Merry Sarcastic Christmas!
- Flashback Friday: Status Update Overload
- And Out of Nowhere It Happened....
- I'm a Beautiful Blogger -- And So Are You!
- All I Want For Christmas is...
- Music Monday: White Christmas
- ▼ December (23)