Monday, September 10, 2012

Where is my plug?

He is tough to the bone... until it comes to his plug!
My son is about to turn 3 and because of his age, my husband has been insisting he has his plug taken away. I however insisted he was welcome to do it under one condition: It had to be done on a weekend and he had to send me off to a spa retreat. Therefore I would get to relax while he dealt with the world's crankiest kid! Win-Win - well, for me anyway!

In a perfect world that is how it would have went. However, it didn't really work that way.

In a way you can say I almost fought for his plug as much as he did. After all, I didn't want to add something else disrupting my days. He alone was cranky enough. And without his plug, my little angel of a two year old was bound to be a bear! And by angel, I meant he was really hell on two little legs. But what did I really expect. He was the youngest and he has learned how to get what he wants. After all, patience starts running short after the first couple of kids....

Just about a week ago, the plug went missing. I am not really sure where it is. My theory is my husband stole it, cut it to pieces and threw it in the trash. He is however hiding this secret and won't admit to it!

No plug - no problem! Out of sight - out of mind!

His plug was with him everywhere he went!
No Plug - No Problem
It didn't really go down like that!
But that wasn't the case. And buying more wasn't an option. Mr. Max was going through them very fast because he used them as a chew toy. So this time we stuck to our guns... No More Plugs!

The first day he screamed! Then he whimpered. He woke up every hour on the hour begging for it. (Needless to say, Mommy didn't get much sleep!) But then it seemed to be forgotten about. He no longer mentioned it. That was until last night!

Last night I was exhausted. We headed to bed and I fell asleep pretty quick. Unfortunately it was like one of those sleeps where you don't really feel like you slept. Suddenly my eyes were wide open. Just in time too. I heard a door squeak open, tiny footsteps walking to the light switch and then the light interrupting the darkness from under my door.

I waited....

Then in he walks. Slamming my door open and demanding his plug. My husband grunts and rolls over.

Apparently he still hasn't forgotten about it!

I got out of bed, although I did contemplate kicking my husband first and demanding he take care of this since getting rid of the plug was originally his idea. So I went to tuck my little boy back in bed and explained to him he no longer needs his plug and offered him a drink. Surprisingly, there really wasn't much of a fight. I guess my little boy really is growing up!

3 comments:

  1. This is probably not a good time to tell you that I drank bottles until I was 5. LOL. I wouldn't give them up. I just wouldn't. My mom humored me and then I gave them up the day before kindergarten started - willingly. :) All my other brothers and sisters drank them for a long time, too. Hehe, but that's not to say that it was all that healthy to drink bottles that long. Fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing about this post was that just today... like an hour ago... I found his missing plug. He really wanted it to and I had to tell them that he was a big boy and didn't need it anymore. He insisted he wasn't though!

      Glad you enjoyed the post. I guess when it comes down to it... bottle, plug, finger... they are all hard to give up! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you call it a plug! Its a perfect name :)

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror