Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mario is a Bad Role Model

My son is almost three, He plays Mario on the DS almost better than I do. I don't really remember when it started. I think one time he found his sister's DS and started playing it. Yet he usually just pushed buttons. Today I was watching and he has graduated from button pushing to actually playing the game. He still gets frustrated, but it is because he can't reach the coins or what he deems as "candy."

So as we are walking to school to get his sisters, we had an in depth conversation all about Mario.

"I love Mario!"

"Oh really Max, you love Mario?"

"Yes!"

"Well, what about Luigi? Do you love Luigi too?"

"NO! I Love Mario!"

"Well what about Yoshi or Princess Peach?"

"NO! I LOVE MARIO!"

So he was very certain about his feelings for Mario. He loved how he jumped and he loved how he swam in the water and he also mentioned something about lava. Although I am certain it was a love for lava! Then somewhere through his toddler ramblings, he mentioned how candy made Mario big. I don't always understand everything he says, but this was loud and clear.

"So Max, candy makes Mario Big?"

"Yes. Eat candy and get big. I love candy!"

Now naturally, I know he is referring to the mushrooms and the flowers that give Mario his super powers. Earlier in the day he asked me to help him get the candy. I never really looked at them like they were candy. So, I tried to change my little boy's perspective.

"That's not candy, those are vegetables! See, if you eat your vegetables you will get big!"

Needless to say, he didn't believe me. Mario still eats candy to get big!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mario. I had a love affair with him once. My kids were obsessed with the whole Mario franchise!!! Mushrooms aren't actually a vegetable though...more like a fungus :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome! I do not believe I have read a single thing
    like that before. So good to discover another person with original thoughts on this topic.
    Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that's needed on the web, someone with some originality!

    my web-site - sniper addicting games

    ReplyDelete

Virtual Mirror