My son is almost three, He plays Mario on the DS almost better than I do. I don't really remember when it started. I think one time he found his sister's DS and started playing it. Yet he usually just pushed buttons. Today I was watching and he has graduated from button pushing to actually playing the game. He still gets frustrated, but it is because he can't reach the coins or what he deems as "candy."
So as we are walking to school to get his sisters, we had an in depth conversation all about Mario.
"I love Mario!"
"Oh really Max, you love Mario?"
"Well, what about Luigi? Do you love Luigi too?"
"NO! I Love Mario!"
"Well what about Yoshi or Princess Peach?"
"NO! I LOVE MARIO!"
So he was very certain about his feelings for Mario. He loved how he jumped and he loved how he swam in the water and he also mentioned something about lava. Although I am certain it was a love for lava! Then somewhere through his toddler ramblings, he mentioned how candy made Mario big. I don't always understand everything he says, but this was loud and clear.
"So Max, candy makes Mario Big?"
"Yes. Eat candy and get big. I love candy!"
Now naturally, I know he is referring to the mushrooms and the flowers that give Mario his super powers. Earlier in the day he asked me to help him get the candy. I never really looked at them like they were candy. So, I tried to change my little boy's perspective.
"That's not candy, those are vegetables! See, if you eat your vegetables you will get big!"
Needless to say, he didn't believe me. Mario still eats candy to get big!
- ► 2013 (85)
- I humbly accept this award.... The Versatile Blogg...
- Disconnected from the Digital World - Oh no were i...
- I tried to be crafty and the only thing I got was ...
- NFL Disgraced -True Packer Fans still Stand Tall a...
- Laundry - The Chore That Never Ends
- Enough! This is what healthy looks like!
- Being an Ass is only Acceptable when your a Donkey...
- Do These Wings Make My Ass Look Big???
- Proud Parent of a Band Geek!
- Mario is a Bad Role Model
- Remembering 9-11 - One of the Lucky Ones!
- Where is my plug?
- Are You Ready For Some Football!!!!
- Lifting The Writer's Block From My Shoulders
- So I decided to open a blog....
- ▼ September (16)