Friday, September 7, 2012

So I decided to open a blog....

I am new to this whole blogging thing. Don't get me wrong. I am not new to writing. It is the blogging thing that has me confused.

So here is the start of a new adventure. I have been writing on Hubpages for awhile now. Almost two full years. I don't know if that qualifies me as a writer. If not, well I have proof. I used to be in the military and I wrote then for real money. Ok - I also exercised for real money too. I was a soldier. But writing was my job. Now it is a hobby with hopes of making money.

So I was contemplating whether or not I should set up a blog. I was weighing the decision very heavily for the past couple weeks as Hubpages decided to introduce "Sleeper" hubs. The Sleeper Hubs didn't bother me. What bothered me is suddenly I had to jump through hoops just to link to these hubs and get traffic to them. So, I figured if I had my own blog, I was the only one that could tell my writing to sleep. And why would I do that. I want to get my writing out there. I want it to be seen and most importantly I wanted it to be read.

Then comes the hefty decision. Where do I go? The two main platforms being Blogger and Wordpress, I was torn. I have a hard time making decisions. However, Blogger won out. Why? Because I want to make a few pennies and I didn't have that option at Wordpress.

So here I am. Crazy as it may seem I have decided to start a blog.


8 comments:

  1. WOO HOO! Welcome to the blogger world! And welcome to Blogger. Have fun making it your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... I am pretty stoked... I am going to be working on it all weekend to get it looking pretty!

      Delete
  2. Watch out world, another crazy woman has found Blogger! Way to go, Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - now we will see how crazy ends up over here! LOL I am so excited. Haven't been this excited about writing in a long time!

      Delete
  3. Welcome BBG aka ROAUMW to a world of blogging.

    Cheers!
    Ruchira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I look forward to exploring this side of the house!

      Delete
  4. Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.

    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?
    My website addresses a lot of the same topics as
    yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from
    each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog
    by the way!
    Here is my weblog ; mysite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry if I responded late, but it seemed this comment got looked over. Thanks for stopping by to visit. I am on my way over to check out your site! :)

      Delete

Virtual Mirror