The topic was finding content in everyday life. Now normally I write on the fly so this was something I could relate to. My life, although it can sometimes seem mundane, usually presents something off-the-wall or irritating that I can use for my blog. And then with a splash of humor and sarcasm, I can come up with something that will dull you back to sleep!
|Prancing through life is a great way to make a mundane|
So here is my list of "blog topics" that I could have (or might still) write about based off of yesterdays normal, dull and gray type of day!
2. The Fashionista - My daughter Bella is my fashionista. She is also my middle child so I think she takes fashion to a whole new level just to get some attention. Yet yesterday we were running late (completely my fault - I didn't want to get out of bed!) This is the day that she comes downstairs in dirty clothes, clothes that don't match, clothes that don't fit. Seriously - we are in a rush and she has to change her outfit a million times.
3. Thank goodness for coffee - or maybe not - My coffee pot is on the verge of a mental breakdown. I have abused it daily for the better part of the last year and a half. But suddenly, it decides that it is going to start leaking somewhere. I feel like it is a pet dog that has lost control of its bladder. I hate to part with it. I love my coffee pot. And as it brews, it sounds like it is dying a slow and miserable death. If I was nice, I would put it out of it's misery. Instead, I keep it around hoping that if I show it love and compassion (and the occasional time out) it will last until I can go invest in another one.
|My son is obsessed with Mario!|
5. Date Stamping - On Wednesdays I have been participating in Wordless Wednesday. (Go check the tap up on top if you want to see some of the pictures I have posted!) I love this concept because it allows me to really get back into photography and even photo editing. Let me tell you, I have always date stamped my photos that way when I look back at them, I know when they were taken. Let me tell you how irritating it is take out that damn date stamp. I will never date stamp again!
|My kids spend a lot of time in the corner.|
The result is sometimes what I call
chocolate tears. You can actually
see tear streams down the wall!
7. My Windex Problem - Speaking of cleaning, I realized that I have a Windex problem. It isn't that I don't have Windex. I have three bottles. Only one that is useable. The other 2 have very little left so you can't spray anything else out of them. But I find it wasteful to throw the extra away. Now why haven't I just combined all the bottles yet? I guess it hasn't made it to my To Do List!
8. Parenting Swap - I spent a lot of time cleaning yesterday. Right before my husband got home, I was appalled that my kids thought it was ok to leave their backpacks, their shoes and their homework spread throughout the entire house. I was barking orders for them to clean as my husband walked in. He looked at me and said, "This isn't right! It is my job to bark orders when I come home." I told him, "No need now. Everything has been handled!"
|This is my partner in crime. Scary that we are allowed to|
10. I am going to hell for laughing - Last night before heading to bed, my husband I cuddled up to watch inappropriate stuff on TV. Not that kind of stuff you sick people. We watched Anthony Jeselnik: Caligula on Comedy Central. Nothing he says is appropriate. We laughed our asses off. Why is it that some of the best jokes are not even repeatable?
So as you can see, I learned a lot from the webinar. This was the makings of a very normal day for me. Yet, what I might have though was mundane and boring, could actually be spun in ways that some might even think is interesting. I could even expand on some of these and write a whole blog post with a little bit of sparkle and flair. Add some pictures and I will be rocking it.
But what it comes down to is every day is full of events that are just blog posts waiting to happen. This is just a tip of the list. I could have come up with even more... like how I doubled my Google Adsense earnings from the previous month. But hey, maybe I want to leave that secret for a whole different blog post. I don't want to exhaust all my ideas!
Happy Blogging and here's to hoping you can find small things in life that can turn into big blog posts!